Thursday, January 3, 2008

people are dumb

As part of my job, I provide user support via the Help Desk. Someone contacted us saying that they couldn't log in. I send my standard response: make sure you have cookies enabled...and if you do (and still can't log in), let me know what error message you are getting to help me troubleshoot further. She replies that she *does* have cookies enabled, and that the message she receives when she tries to log in is...get this:
INVALID PASSWORD
I mean...how am I supposed to respond to that without making her look like a total moron? Sad thing is, this isn't the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last.

1 comment:

Queen Mommy said...

People are dumb... when it comes to computers I am one of them. But even that one I would have gotten! By the way, I started my own blog a few weeks ago. Not fancy or funny like yours, just a way to keep track of what the gals are up to. I enjoyed reading yours so much, I decided I should do it too.
Autumn