Wednesday, July 29, 2009

one day

One day (probably much sooner than I would like), I will no longer be your favorite person in the whole wide world. I'll have to steal my hugs and kisses from you. You'll ask me to stop singing in the car along with the radio. I'll have to drop you off around the corner from where you want to go, so your friends don't see me. One day, you'll roll your eyes at me for waiting up for you to come home. One day, you'll be postive that you don't need me.

But, luckily, that's not today. Today, you greeted me with a hug and a kiss and an "I love you!" Today, you cheered when I told you I was dropping you off at school. Today, you kissed me goodbye in front of all of your friends. Today, when I came home from getting my haircut (well past your bedtime, I might add), it was you waiting up for me. Because today, you wanted me to sing you a song before you went to sleep.

Today was a wonderful day to be your mom.

5 comments:

Deep in the Heart said...

So sweet and so true. I don't know how I'm going to stop singing in the car.

Anonymous said...

Way to make a girl cry Katie! :) Catherine just turned 9 and I told her that is it, no double digits, I just want you to cuddle me forever!

Love ya,

Marguerite

Shannon said...

Free cupcakes! Don't know if this is near you or not, but thought it might be worth sending... http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2009/07/free-cupcakes-in-washington-dc-tomorrow.html

JerseyBaby said...

So sweet...

Lipstick said...

I love this post...so precious. Reminds me of that Trace Adkins song, "You're Gonna Miss This." Queue the tears...