Wednesday, July 8, 2009

sling shot

In better-late-than-never style, here's a picture from Baby AJ's visit that Steve just uploaded and shared. I was demonstrating the age-appropriate carry for Baby AJ and my Sweet Baby A was testing whether or not slings really did hold up to 35 pounds. I'd like to think of it as photographic evidence that Baby AJ was here, since I sucked at documenting her inaugural trip.



Anyway, the whole family is off again. The girls are now hanging with Nonna and Pop-pop's while John attends a work retreat and I tag along as a spouse and indulge in many spa treatments.

I mean really? When did I get old enough to be the accompanying spouse? It's such an adult thing to do...I distinctly remember my mom going with my dad to Seattle back in the day. Now I'm the mom that's heading off. Weird...I could have sworn it was just yesterday I was chugging beers and dancing on tables.

Hey...I've got no kids waking me up tomorrow...maybe I'll do that tonight at the company dinner!


3 comments:

AJ's Mom said...

I bet your chugging beers and dancing on tables as I type. Indulge yourself . . . you totally deserve it.

By the way, should you have used Steve's real name?

Kiki

Deep in the Heart said...

I saw a mama at the pool yesterday with a toddler in the sling following her preschooler around the slides & water fountains. Gotta love anything that helps get the hands free!

Steel Magnolia said...

Love it! Have a great time!!!