All in all the pros of this change far exceed the cons. Job security! Benefits! Paid Vacation! Holidays! But...that doesn't mean there aren't some bummers. Namely, it's officially a full-time position and I have to be in the office 5 days/week. The full-time isn't so bad...because let's face it, I haven't worked part-time pretty much since I started. But the in the office 5 days/week? Dude...that is going to suck. Luckily, we have "green Fridays" in the summer where we work from home every other week, which will help soften the blow.
Perhaps sensing that I needed some encouragement, E was talking to John tonight. She was telling him how much she missed him this weekend and said,
"From now on I want you to take me with you whereever you go...except for when you got to work. 'Cause I really like school and my friends."So, at least for tonight, the mommy guilt is a little less.
3 comments:
That's good to know . . . today we meet with AJ's new teacher. We hope she likes school as much as her cousins, E and A.
Kiki
Ah, the mom guilt. How long is the commute?
I hope they keep the coffee and Diet Coke well-stocked 5 days a week to show you how much your commute is appreciated!
Post a Comment