Thursday, April 3, 2008

hangin' tough

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone, but I *love* me some boy bands! It started with Duran Duran (and the dreamy John Taylor) ... moved onto INXS (and the hunky Jon Farris) ... transitioned over to New Kids on the Block (and Jon Knight...looking back, not so sure about this one) ... and recently was for *NSYNC (did you know they served beer at *NSYNC concerts? and that there was *no* line because everyone else attending couldn't even drive?).

So, NKOTB (for those of us in the "know") is performing on the Today Show tomorrow! And, I'm psyched. I'm going to DVR it in case I have to miss the actual performance due to pesky issues, like work. Then I'm going to move the coffee table over and perform the dance moves to "The Right Stuff" in my living room because it's been 20(!) years, but I still know them. That's right...I'm a bad ass.By the way, I'm pretty sure that A is going to be my Boy Band lover. The other day, I put an episode of Dora on while I got ready for work. E was watching it intently, but A had lost interest and was playing with some toys. Well, Dora and Boots needed some help from a humpback whale, so Dora suggested that they call her cousin, Diego. The mere mention of Diego's name caused A to shriek loudly, jump up from the toys she was playing with and RUN to the television to see her beloved. Too funny.

Oh, and in case you have been following our sleep drama, when I left the house this morning at 7:15, A was still sleeping as she had been since 7:45 last night. Let's hope this trend continues.

11 comments:

Lindsey said...

I was always a Joey McIntyre fan. Love that sweet voice.

Glad A slept well! We are working in that here with our own little one. Dr appointment today!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Uh-uh-UH-uh-uh, uh-uh-UH-uh, uh-uh-UH-uh-uh...the RIGHT STUFF.

Love it.

You forgot to mention my fave though: Wham!

ME: I love George Michael!
Brother: You know he's gay!
ME: Don't say that! (tears)

If I only listened to the wisdom of my brother...

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Mama and baby had a good night. My fingers are crossed.

Love,
Nonna

Anonymous said...

I'll have to set my TIVO! Love that the New Kids are back . . . and Hangin' Tough!

Kiki

Slacker Mama said...

Holy Moly...how could I have forgotten about WHAM?!?!?

Though, I was a big Andrew Ridgely fan.

Hmmm...all my boy band faves were John's or Andrew, and my husband's name *is* John Andrew! It's fate I tell you!

Queen Mommy said...

Glad A slept well. Hopefully she will , so you'll be full of energy for the dance party tomorrow morning. We surely will be watching it here. Hoping to get tickets for their tour!!

Steel Magnolia said...

OOOOOHHHHH! I will definitely be tuning in. NKOTB baby!!! Glad A slept well...the sleeping gods were watching over you and her...

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Hmmm...that is suspicious, the whole John Andrew thing. Seriously though, Andrew over George?!

I want you to know that I am going to put G's overalls on after nap time with only one of the shoulder straps in honor of NKOTB's comeback tomorrow. :)

Deep in the Heart said...

I actually went to a NOTB concert myself. So glad to hear about A. I'm sure she was *almost* as exhausted as you were/are.

Slacker Mama said...

Sweet Pea Chef...I almost peed my pants when I read your comment!

marathon mom said...

I am laughing too hard at Sweet Pea Chef's comment to remember what I was going to say.