"OH NO! MOMMY!" E screamed.And sure enough, E pulled out three of her "drawings" from school.
"What!?!?" I asked.
"My art! My art is in the trash!" she replied.
Now don't get me wrong, we save *a lot* of E's work. And A's. However, after 5PM at school, they either are outside on the playground if the weather is nice, or in a classroom coloring and reading if it's not. Which means we get *a lot* of pictures that E draws. Sometimes upwards of 5 or so a day. So, I keep the ones that are really good (e.g., a school craft, the one she wrote her name on) and the rest get put in Mommy's Special File, which until now had been the laundry room trash can.
"Oh, Mommy didn't mean to throw those away!" I told her. Luckily two were actually on the back of school calendars, so I continued. "I thought they were just school papers."Sigh.
"Okay, Mommy," E said suspiciously. "Let's go put them with the rest of my art right now."
So mission tonight is to re-throw out the art from Friday. And find a new place to do it.
6 comments:
too funny. i have done that and had to pull it out of the garbage. the other thing she does is give daddy art to take to work and he doesn't take it, she finds it and says WHY didn't daddy take this, i gave it to him for his office.
so cute.
I have had the same issue with art and with old broken pieces of toys. My solution for the toys is to throw them away off-site. I'm just hoping I don't get busted for illegal dumping. :)
guilty as well. i'm working on a blog about managing my creative daughter's art supply because it's become such an issue! at least she was "helping" with the laundry!
Funny. DD is an artwork queen, and she thinks every piece is capable of hanging in a museum. I have yet to figure out what to do with ALL of it. :)
So far my kids haven't caught me. I mail A LOT to grandmas. They'll take anything.
ummm, yeah, been busted doing this too....
Post a Comment