Tuesday, April 22, 2008

dear go diego go writers


I understand that you guys have a tough job. I mean, the preschool set is notoriously fickle, and there are only so many animals that live in the rain forest that Diego and Alicia can rescue or go on an adventura with. But seriously, you guys crossed the line.

This morning, A got up earlier than normal. In an effort to complete my workout, I turned off my TiVo'ed episode of What Not to Wear and put on a Diego episode. It all started out innocently enough...Diego and Alicia's grandfather had a strawberry farm, but a windy wind blew away all of the strawberries right before Alicia and the Bobo brothers could pick them for the big strawberry festival. How would Diego save the strawberry festival?

That's easy. With the help of an iguana...who ate some strawberries at the rescue center and then *pooped* the seeds in the garden. That's right, Iguana poop saved the day.

Writers of Go Diego Go...do you not know your audience?!?!?! Do you not understand that there will be an epidemic of kids across America who will be pooping in their backyards this summer in an effort to grow their own strawberries!?!?! What's next, a very special episode featuring a mother bird vomiting up half digested worms for her babies?

Luckily, I don't think A made the poop-strawberry connection (though she *did* poop right after...coincidence?). But I deleted the episode before E could get an ideas watch it.

Consider this your warning ... you pull that crap (heh) on us again and it will be all Dora all the time.

Sincerely,
Slacker Mama

8 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

so I just spit water out on the computer when I read this...too funny!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Amen sistah! If I don't stop singing that incessant "Go Diego, Go Diego, Go Diego, GO Diego" song in my head, I am going to go loco!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Oh gross! This reminds me of something on PBS Kids the other day like this. It wasn't a cartoon but a little blip about animals and the animal was pooping the seeds out and it showed it! GROSS.

marathon mom said...

So funny- I can totally see kids doing this! It is like Jackass for the preschool set!

Deep in the Heart said...

That is hilarious! Luckily we watch Noggin and seem to show the same 5 episodes over and over (Condors, Linda the Llama, penguin, and red eyed tree frogs). Although I was getting sick of these, I guess I should be counting my blessings.

Anonymous said...

ok, that is just hilarious! The pooping iguana saves the day! We also watch them on Noggin and see the same episodes over and over. Maybe this one will be headed my way sooner than later!

One Little Brownie said...

We must have missed this one, (thankfully!) You hit the nail on the head...can you imagine the brainstorming meeeting for this episode? Probably some guy who was hungover, like, my belly hurts..."Hey, I have an idea! Let's have the iguana..." Goo! (That means "SICK!" in our house!) Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go tinkle on our petunias...

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU :)
this made me LAUGH out loud.

a letter to the curious george creators? that monkey is giving my toddler some BAD IDEAS.