Wednesday, March 5, 2008

monkey see, monkey do

A is really starting to mimic the things we say and do now...and it is so stinking cute. Of course, her favorite person to copy is E. The other night, when E was religiously checking the front window for Maura and Maggie's impending arrival, there was A right behind her...peering out the window with absolutely no idea of what she was doing/who she was looking for.

Last night at the dinner table, E asked John to "do the numbers." This is where he impersonates a football announcer at the stadium and shouts things like, "Scores of interest: E 21, Mommy 20." When John would announce E as the winner, she would raise her hands in the air in victory. John then shouted, "Scores of interest, Mommy 14, A 28" and A threw her hands up and yelled "Yay!"

But the cutest thing is when she tries to repeat what we say. The intonation is spot on, but it's just gibberish. "One, two, three" became "Uh, ooo, eeeee!" And to hear her sing it's like playing "Name that Tune." I'm sure she'll be talking up a storm before too long...

In other news, tonight John is headed down to the UVA vs. Duke basketball game...leaving me and the girls to fend for ourselves. I think we're going to do a mini-date night -- dinner at Panera and dessert at Cold Stone. Both girls have been really clingy with me of late, so I think a little girl bonding will do us well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I find most hilarious about this story is that John impersonates a sports announcer for fun and the kids know exactly what he means. Funny stuff!

Kiki

Steel Magnolia said...

John is so funny! I can picture all of you now!