Saturday, December 8, 2007

the slackers are fakers!

So the Slacker family got up this morning, made some waffles and then headed on over to Lowe's to buy some Christmas decorations. We got lights for outside of the house and then, we passed by the artificial tree display. After some consternation, we caved and ended up getting one.

Now, I'm usually a live tree snob. However, this year, the fake tree seemed like the better idea. A is a climber and we're pretty sure that she would topple a tree. E is also capable of knocking the tree over. Also, we're travelling over Christmas and I have a fear that the Christmas tree will burn our house down ever since, well, the Christmas tree burned my house down when I was five. And, since we have had wind and rain and snow over the last week, the real trees were looking pretty rough.

So, a fake tree it was. And man, does it look fake. And sparse. Charlie Brown Christmas Tree sparse. But once we put on our garland and ornaments and a bow on top (since top branch buckled under the weight of the star tree topper we usually use), E proclaimed, "That's the most bee-you-tiful tree I've ever seen, Mommy!" And I've already had to rehang the beaded garland three times, thanks to A!

So, though I probably won't take a picture of the tree for you to see out of fear of ridicule, the girls are delighted with their tree. Which means I am, too.

1 comment:

Deep in the Heart said...

That's what it's all about girlfriend.