I've really not had a chance to post for a while...we've been very busy here with both Christmas and everything surrounding Maud's passing. The funeral was on Monday. It was very nice. John and his brothers spoke. A and E were (relatively) well-behaved during it all.
Christmas was great. E was definitely psyched to see that Santa had been there. "He ate the cookies, and the reindeer ate the carrots!" she said as she checked the plate by the fireplace. "And look! He made a fire for us!"
She also really loved the dress-up clothes that Santa brought, prompting a new rule of "no dress up clothes outside the house". I don't mind going places with her dressed in her crazy fashion sense, but I refuse to be seen in public with a 3-year-old saloon beer wench.
A also liked Christmas. Her little piano has gotten lots of use, and she was very psyched about the Curious George DVD and the Diego coloring book in her stocking (though we've had to "read" her the coloring book a few times). But she had the most fun in a big box with a ton of tissue paper in it. Hours of fun for her!
We'll be heading back home on Saturday, so hopefully I can post some pictures or videos soon.
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment