Anyway, while sorting pictures I came across a scrapbook that my godmother, Ann, had created for John as an engagement present. It basically chronicled my life in pictures, with an extended number of pages devoted to "the awkward tween and teen years." However, on the back cover, she had a picture of me taken when I was about 4 or 5 maybe.
It reminded me immediately of E.
Now I'm not a big "you look just like your daddy/mommy/great Aunt Ethel" person...I rarely see the resemblances in babies. But, even John agreed, and when I showed the picture to E, she thought it was herself. It wasn't just the similarities between our facial features...I had an expression on my face that E makes.
But don't just take my word for it. See for yourself.
Oh...on a random note...what do you *do* with all of the pictures you take? Do you print them out and put them in albums? Do you keep them in boxes? Do they languish on a photo hosting site yearning to be printed out? Do you have more gumption than me and take the time to scrapbook?
11 comments:
I love the picture comparison. Amazing.
Sigh...I haven't printed a single picture since G was about 4 months old. I just got a "you haven't ordered anything in 12 months so do so or we will end your free storage" notice from Kodakgallery.com.
I print what I want, and rest languish on the kodak website...but we also save every photo uploaded there onto CD. We save the CDs in a box, which is sooo much nicer, more compact and more convenient than the multiple shoeboxes of negatives I have from my school years. I keep telling myself I need to just pitch the negatives but then I just. can't. do. it.
You do look like her- and you still look the same!!! Such a cute picture.
As for my photo organization- it does not exist. I print out pictures maybe once every 2 years- and then they sit. Right now they are in the baby's room. It is always on my 'list' to do something with them. Considering my pre-Rich pictures are yet to be organized, I have one hell of a project ahead of me!
amazing !!! i love seeing photos like that. my sis in law just sent me a photo where my hubby is about frass's age and they are TWINS !!! and i recently saw a photo of me when i was young (not many b/c i was the second boohoo) and i was all Sass !!! i want to print them out an dput them in frames
as for my system oh and there is a SYSTEM. i only download when i have time to do it all. i downlaod to my mac and put in iphotos, then i upload to kodak, then iorder a 4by6 of every photo, then i email them to family. they arrive in the mail and i pile them up. everyonce in a blue moon i put htem in photo albums, in chrono order ...i am behind, but not so bad. i tried to scrapbook but i just don't have it in me....sorry so long.
The resemblance is uncanny!
I put my photos in a baby book for JBB and now I have one for Pretty Girl that is very lacking. I am thinking of just doing a family photo album b/c I feel like I am putting some of the same photos in each of the kid's books.
HOW CUTE.
and Im a printer and a framer BUT we are currently drowning in pics----so that shall be changing soon methinks.
Miz.
Wow! That expression is identical!
Photos that are digital are burned onto discs and put on a backup drive. Those that were made "BD" (before digital) were scanned into folders and burned onto discs. Those folders were put onto a backup drive, as well. All the discs are in a binder, the backup drive is only hooked up via USB. So if anything happens and we have to leave our house, we can grab the binder and our backup drive and go. I did this after all my childhood pix were consumed in a house fire. HTH!
Love those pictures. Too cute.
I just put my pictures from the Spring in an album yesterday. I still like to flip through albums and I can sit on the couch and show the kids. I have digitals on the harddrive, on CDs and in multiple places on line. Would love to consolidate all my on line communications (facebook, blogs, on line albums) but I have certain people that look at one and only one application so I guess I'll keep them all - for now.
I'm so glad you have that picture to compare it to. Definitely uncanny.
Since Haven was born all photos have been in iPhoto, with backups made to my entire hard drive daily. I like the idea of making albums and have it on my list of things to do with the kids this summer, but I doubt it will even come close to the sheer volume of digital prints I have.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one without a "system."
I do try to back-up to CD and also upload to Ofoto/Shutterfly/Snapfish. My dad had his laptop stolen and would have lost many photos if it weren't for Ofoto.
On my upcoming list of projects is to make those "Photo Books" for the girl's 1st year of life, since they have no baby book to speak of. Then I'll do Ireland. Then I'll try to do each year from 2004 on, but with a more whole family spin.
Or, I'll just be satisfied with my pictures sitting in a box. Who knows?
Wow! That's very cool. She's beautiful just like her mama! :)
Believe it or not, I have no system. Just an external hard drive with a lot of pictures on it. I guess I do put them in folders, either chronologically - "Spring 2008", or by even't - "Easter 2007".
I do scrapbook. But all scrapbookers are waaaaaay behind. And I put some pix up on Shutterfly. And some pix on my blog. But I desperately need to order some prints before I have a hard drive meltdown and lose 2 years worth of photos.
That would suck.
i upload my photos to flickr, some public and some restricted to friends and family, and i use the rss feed to power screensavers on all my computers (google "flickr screensaver" and use your favorite). Flickr also doesn't require that you print or buy anything to keep your free storage, which is nice, but they do give you the ability to print the photos on a variety of items if you want to give photo gifts. speaking of photos, i found the link to your site on this comment board: http://theweightinggame.ivillage.com/dietfitness/2008/04/reverse_airbrushing.html and i thought from your comment that you might be interested in seeing these: http://jolliefamily.org/gethen/retouch/
I am not an artist, and I taught myself to retouch photos in order to do a paper on unattainable perfection for a women's studies class ten years ago. i'm really glad that the average woman is starting to know about the extent of complete invention that goes on in the fashion industry. so don't be too sad about your pants! you have so much to offer the world than just another pair of thin thighs :)
Post a Comment