Wednesday, August 27, 2008

it's a wash

In theory, having Pajama Day at school would make getting up and out the door a breeze. I mean, there's no worrying about getting kids dressed in the morning.

However, when E decides to also make it Crazy Shoe day (which we totally flaked on yesterday) by wearing two different Crocs, causing A to spend 5 minutes trying to physically change them into a matched set, and then when I decide to have a little photo shoot of my pajama clad cuties...it really ends up taking the same amount of time to get out the door.

But, hey...at least the pictures are cute.


Note the two different shoes on E. And, yes, A is holding a diaper. Seriously...she considers them the best toys ever.


Twirling, fashion show-style





7 comments:

JerseyBaby said...

When she gets out of that uniform, she really goes all out! So cute!

Shannon said...

That's funny about the diaper. Woo-hoo that she is easily entertained by something that is readily available. And we had the same PJs as A has. I (heart) Carters.

justme said...

ahh frass is always wearing two different shoes, i don't even fight her, she will walk into the sitting room at the gym and everyone comments and i think nothing of it.

Queen Mommy said...

PJ day used to be my favorite when I was teaching. It was an excuse for me to buy a new pair of Jammies. I hope A & E were as excited as I always was!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say, but I have always HATED pajama day at school - my students are well-aware! In fact, my class doesn't do pajama day, we do lounge day instead. I am influencing a new generation of slackers!

The girls are so cute. (A looks like such a little girl. She is not a baby anymore!)

Kiki

Anonymous said...

why can't grown-ups ahve PJ and crazy shoe day? In fact, just last nite I wore a cute new sleepshirt from TarJay and asked my husband, "Why couldn't I wear this as a dress?" It wasn't a silk negligee or anything. It is a td short, tho but my theory is as long as the arms are covered (3/4 length sleeeves), it downplays the potential sluttiness of the short bottoms. It's a good theory, methinks.

Anonymous said...

sadly (or not) I oft dressup in my real life.

tutus.

glitter.

ANYTHING to make this wiped out mama LAUGH.

it works.

esp. when you dont give a....care what others think :)