Monday, June 9, 2008

slip slidin' away

So, Sunday did get a heck of a lot better. The AC guy got here at 10 AM and was gone by 10:30, taking a hefty sum for his troubles with him. The girls and John got back from breakfast and proceeded to do a little quiet reading while John and I cleaned up a bit.

Note: Pictures are blurry because John took them.




Around noon we headed outside and set up the moonbounce/water slide in our yard. That's when the fun began...the girls were out front, playing, splashing and having tons of fun. One neighbor made PB&J sandwiches, another brought squeezable yogurt and we brought out canteloupe...so the kids didn't even have to stop to eat (although I did have to take a waterlogged piece of sandwich away from A...ew).

It was a bit of a going away party for a family that lives on another street. They are military and are moving to California on Tuesday. They have three boys who are the boy-est boys I have ever seen. Really. Yesterday was the first day I saw the middle kid without some sort of weapon attached to his body. He usually has an arsenal of swords and guns and the like on him.

When the three of them converged up on the slide, it got much louder and splashier and crashier. I immediately looked for A who was by far the youngest and smallest (the three-year-old had E by 2 inches and 10 pounds). Well, she was in the middle of the pools, screaming and yelling with delight. When I finally forced her out of the pool at 2 for her nap...she threw the biggest baddest tantrum on record. And then napped until 5.

Since all of us were spent from the heat, we headed to our favorite pizza dive for dinner, and then onto our new favorite soft serve place. Pickle Bob's, we still love you, but Effie's is definitely a better bargain (and they still have Butterfinger as a topping). We came back, bathed and PJed the kids and headed to bed. I was the "night owl" of the Slackers going to bed at 9 PM.

On the agenda for this week...staying cool and figuring out what the heck to get John for Father's day. Suggestions would be appreciated!

3 comments:

JerseyBaby said...

I think fancy new running socks are in Josh's future - he'll wear them a lot and they're not too expensive. Call it the Gift of Encouraging Good Health.

Steel Magnolia said...

cute pics...I'm getting Dan the corn hole game...it's the latest outdoor craze around these parts....

Anonymous said...

I love those chairs (and need fathers day ideas as well :))

MizFit