Tuesday, June 17, 2008

well that's a fine 'how do you do'

Yesterday, when I went to pick up the girls, A's room was empty. Since it was raining out, I figured they were in the gym and headed on over. Sure enough, her classmates were playing in the gym, but I didn't see A after a quick scan of the room.
"Where's A?" I asked the teachers.
"Argh!" the teacher said and opened the bathroom door. "I think Anna opened the door again."
One of A's classmates is a "runner"...she has figured out how to open all of the doors in the school and spends the entire day plotting escape plans. Apparently A joined her in her attempt to escape the gym...into the potty.

Sure enough, A came barrelling out of the potty with arms wide open. Just as I was about to hug her the teacher yelled,
"Don't touch her, she was splashing in the toilet."
Ew.

After we got A cleaned and dried off, we headed off to pick up E. I ran into one of her teachers in the hallway.
"By any chance, did E get her hair cut into bangs this weekend?" she asked me.
"Uh...no," I replied.
"Oh, okay. We were cutting today, and she took a chunk out of her hair. On the bright side, it looks really good...we couldn't figure out if she had done it, or if it was already like that."
Sure enough, E is sporting a new 'do. Luckily, she didn't do much damage, and after I evened it out, they look cute (and can be pushed off to the side, for a more versatile "look.") I'll try and get a picture to post tonight.

But all in all, not the best pick up we've ever had.


6 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Post a hair picture for sure! If she is good with bangs, how much do you think she would charge for a boy's haircut?

Queen Mommy said...

That is so funny. Always a good thing when the teachers aren't quite sure where your kid is!

Can't wait to see E's hair.

One Little Brownie said...

Now that's a *bless* The kind of day where you are afraid to ask, "What ELSE can go wrong?!"

JerseyBaby said...

Call me a cynic if you wil, but I kind of feel like you should get the week free when things like that happen - especially if both of your kids are involved in separate events on the same day!

Can't wait to see the pic!

Lipstick said...

Would love to see the new 'do. I did that when I was little and it was not pretty or versatile.

Deep in the Heart said...

You certainly keep me laughing. I remember cutting gum out of Melissa's hair for an interesting "do". I believe it was smack in the back of her head.