Monday, November 26, 2007

she's a child genius


E on Turkey DayE on Turkey Day

Since we were out all last week, I didn't get a chance to pick up E's report card until today. E's report card is based on the child development milestones from 36 to 48 months, and she did really well. Pretty much everything was an S (sometimes displays mastery of skill), with quite a few A's (always displays mastery of skill) especially with regard to cognition and general knowledge (i.e, counting, naming shapes, etc).

I think the two I'm most excited about are "Develop friendships with one or more peers" and "Demonstrate confidence and pride in accomplishments", both of which she got A's. Because, at 3 years old, I don't want her in some rigorous academic program. But it makes me very happy to know that she's a friendly and confident girl.

I did have to laugh that she got an A in the "Demonstrate personal health and hygiene skills..." task. Maybe she's got them fooled at school, but girlfriend asks me if she has to wash her hands every time she goes potty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job, E! I miss you.

Kiki