Friday, October 5, 2007

we're having a slumber party!

This weekend, John and A are headed to Knoxville for the UT v. Georgia game. Grandmom, Granddad, Uncle Dave and his girlfriend Sam will be in attendance. E and I are staying behind, after we decided the logistics of packing up the entire family for the weekend was going to be ree-diculous!

Since it's just me and The Hurricane, we're going to have a slumber party tonight! We're going to get into our "matching" PJs (well, she calls them matching, they're really just both pink...remember, she has her daddy's fashion sense!), climb into my bed, read tons of stories and then hit the hay! This could be either wildly successful or an absolute nightmare...wish us luck!

In other E news, she woke up this morning and told me that she didn't want to wear her uniform to school today. "That's fine, E." I told her. "It's Friday...you can wear whatever you want." She took me at my word...she's wearing a flowered dress, plaid shoes and a tutu to school today. I did draw the line at the visor, sunglasses and raincoat, however.

2 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

please post a picture of this...

Deep in the Heart said...

So fun! I hope it works out well. We did a similar thing last night. Brian had to update his computer system and had to go to the office in Clear Lake so wasn't home until 8:45 or so. We ordered pizza and watched "Cinderella III" (actually pretty cute movie). I like being able to watch the movies with them and then add my own subtle comments ("See how brave she is. She's so strong, she doesn't need the prince to rescue her, etc). I like to pretend that this will make a big impact in her little mind.

But any evening in lounge wear, reading books in bed sounds great to me.