Anyhoo, the girls were home and Nonna came over to watch them so I could get some work done (because work-at-home moms? how the hell do you do it?!?!?). The kiddos wanted to go out and play in the snow...so I had them put in a little manual labor while they were out there.
And before you get all "Child labor laws!" on me, please note that they only had to do the front walk...the driveway was totally clear. And it wasn't all work and no play. They also built a mighty fine snowman, too.
And, I must give one more huge shout-out to Nonna for coming over. She's wathced the kiddos TWICE this week -- yesterday and on Monday, which was a teacher workday. Without her help, I probably would have collapsed in a heap of stress and worry on how I was going to get all my work done.
5 comments:
Ugh - I had to "work from home" during 2 snow days this week in Raleigh - I thought I was going to pull my hair out! It is near impossible hearing "mom, I'm bored" every 5 minutes while you are trying to keep the background noise quiet on conference calls! Of course mega mommy guilt set in when I see the true SAHMs on the street using the days to do special craft projects, baking, etc...
Thanks for the shout-out! It was fun to watch the girls work and to play. You working moms make it look easy but I know from experience, it's anything but!
Love,
Nonna
Can't believe how much snow you guys have gotten this year! So glad you live near Nonna. I know I call Gran all the time for help.
Are you ready to put them to work this weekend?
Thank goodness for Nonna . . . I am yearning for a snow day!
Post a Comment