Thursday, August 13, 2009

mr. mom

On Saturday, I had a baby shower to attend in Richmond, leaving John and the girls to sit around and think about how much they missed me have a fun day together. And, boy, did they ever have fun! He took them into DC where they walked around The Mall and saw many of DC's monuments.
 

The funny thing was that a topic of conversation at the shower was "what unusual place is your husband taking your kids?" Answers included a roadtrip to visit a great-grandmom and the zoon. Apparently, John's not the only dad who gets all overzealous when he's manning the fort kid-wise.

Come to think of it, when John's out of town, we always do a movie night or something special. Does your husband (or you) do that, too?


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Marcy O said...

I had my annual "girls" (um - now titled "moms minus kids but plus a few pounds") weekend down in Tampa last weekend, and my husband and son did more in 4 days alone at home in North Carolina than we have done since we moved here 5 years ago. Meanwhile, when I'm home - my husband can lay on the couch for days upon days watching football. Amazing. Have a great week at the beach! Still recovering from the pre and post work of ours a few weeks ago...

Kelly said...

I'm impressed! I'm going away for the first time in Sept for a weekend, and leaving the boys team at home. I have visions of it being a huge disaster. D acts like it's the end of the world when he has to feed the two of them dinner because I have a dr. appt. I'm definitely keeping my cell phone off when I'm away. :) Have a great time next week!

AJ's Mom said...

I haven't gotten to that point when I have left my husband home alone with baby AJ, but I can see him doing the same thing.

I think it is great that the girls are wearing athletic outfits (a little surprised they're not in Tennessee gear) and their princess crowns. So daddy-inspired!

AJ's daddy just ordered a Michigan outfit for AJ, so I can see him putting her in the outfit every chance he gets!

Sorry for the long comment. Have a great time at the beach! Soooo jealous!

Kiki