Monday, May 25, 2009

so much fun...so little time

Our trip to "The Elphia" was a blast! We went to the pool, had a picnic at the playground, and had a BBQ with some other friends with similarly-aged kids. Autumn and I got to get two 5-ish mile walks in, and John and Sean got to get a round of golf in. We made it home late Sunday night, and the girls were so tuckered out from all the fun they slept until almost 9 o'clock this morning!





Since I had to do a few hours of work this morning, John took the girls grocery shopping and had a mini Field Day in the front yard with them...tennis! soccer! basketball! They spent the afternoon on the neighborhood water slide. For dinner, John made the season's first batch of ribs and they were to.die.for. Seriously. Then, the three amigos chilled out on the couch to watch a little baseball (and a bit more Noggin).

The kiddos are in bed. We're set to go for this week. I'm headed up to bed with my new SELF magazine, thankful to not be reading the same damn 120 pages I've read countless times in the last two weeks AND to learn how to drop a dress size in two weeks (I don't think gorging oneself on ribs is on that plan)...

Hopefully, things will be less frantic as they've been in the last few weeks. Only 4workdays to go...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you all had a great time. A much-deserved break,
Love,
Nonna

AJ's Mom said...

The Elphia looks so fun! It looks like the girls had a blast. (By the way, E looks like such a big girl now!)

Can't wait to see everyone soon!

Kiki