The Slackers are headed out a little early today, up to Philly to party with the Party of Five. We're going to the Radnor Hunt Races, which are steeplechase races.Since John, Sean and I all went to Virginia (WAHOOWA!) horse races are near and dear to our heart. An annual spring rite of passage at UVA is the Foxfield Races...which was basically an excuse to get dressed up and get tipsy (football is our excuse in the Fall). In fact, one of the first people I saw at Foxfield was a girl who was crying because she was so happy...it was her fourth year at Foxfield and she had *just* seen a race horse. One of the second people I saw at Foxfield was a guy wearing a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, a bolo tie, and...well...nothing else. Oh, the stories I could tell about Foxfield.
But, I digress. The Radnor Races is like Foxfield for adults! We bring the kids and have a much nicer tailgate. And we bring sunscreen, being the responsible parents that we are. (You could always tell who went to Foxfield at class on Monday by the tell-tale sundress shaped tan lines.) Last year, the girls had a blast. This year should be even more fun because we've got a bigger group going and have planned a little bit better.
E is uber-psyched to see her friends, Maura and Maggie. She missed out on the big St. Patty's Day sleepover because of A's ear infection du jour. When she got to school today, she told every teacher she saw "I'm going to Philadelphia." She then proceeded to walk up to every student in her class and tell them individually that she was going.
"Triniti, I have to tell you something. I'm going to Philadelphia today.E is also excited that, since this is a road trip over 2 hours, she gets to watch the DVD player. We have those portable ones you strap to the back of the seats...which are quite possilby the best invention known to man. Thank you, Mr. or Mrs. Inventor of the Portable DVD Player!
Chad, come here. I'm going to Philadelphia.
Siyona, did you hear? I'm going to Philadelphia.
Connor, I have to tell you something. I'm going to Philadelphia."
So...what is everyone else up to this weekend???
I've got a busy morning...I have to pack the girls and myself, pack the car and run by the grocery store. Not sure if I'll get back to post about the New Kids on the Block performance on the Today show this morning. Feel free to comment about it in the comments as well.
6 comments:
Have fun!!!!!! We did Preakness 2 years and Gold Cup one- at Preakness we never saw a horse, and at Gold Cup one died right in front of our tent. Good times I tell you!!! Rich is on a boys extended weekend in South Carolina, so the kiddos and I are having fun, shopping, going to three birthday parties, and hosting bunco. On Monday we are off to Pittsburgh for a visit!
Birthday-a-palooza over here. H's birthday is officially tomorrow, so we'll do family festivities, maybe a spring fair, a classmate's party, an ADULT party (80's theme, so I'm channeling my inner-middle-school self), and finally Sunday is H's party with friends. If it isn't obvious, Sunday night will probably be dedicated in part to leftover cupcakes and alcohol. Safe travels!!
Ah Foxfield memories. Truly some of my favorite pictures were taken there.
We're unfortunately going to Chuck E Cheese's today - friend's party - but will see my sister tonight and over to my parents tomorrow for Sunday Night Dinner. We'll probably spend the night since they'll have to help with PS dropoff on Monday. I love spending the night at my parents because they splurge on the yummy coffede.
Have a great time! We always went to the Carolina Cup in college and didn't really see any horses either. The company Dan works for always had a tent and huge spread at the Gold Cup, so we went every year...it was fun and we actually saw horses!
Thanks so much for coming up this weekend. Hope you had as much fun as we did!
happy monday!!
hope it was as fun a weekend as youd hoped.
back to the grind today for me...
Post a Comment