Tuesday, September 11, 2007

damned if you do...

So, I've been complaining about this to anyone within ear shot (or reading this blog), but work is absolutely crazy busy right now. Hopefully, the project will launch by Thursday and things will return to normal, but until then it's just overwhelming.

Anyway, after working 60 hours last week, flying to Atlanta and back in 24 hours over the weekend, working all Sunday evening, and then working a full day in the office yesterday, it would be an understatement to say I didn't want to cook. (Also, I would have been forced to McGyver some meal out of a can of artichokes, three overripe bananas, a carton of yogurt and frozen waffles -- which is about all we have in our house right now.) On the other hand, taking the girls to some sort of public eating establishment after a long day of school by myself (John was working late) wasn't exactly my idea of a good time either.

It was the classic dilemma -- which mode of feeding your children will be the least heinous choice? I chose Panera. I chose wrong.

First of all, E ran staight for the bread sample basket and grabbed four pieces, and touching countless others. She then proceeded to tell me she had to potty, which meant that I had to negotiate the three of us in the public restroom touching as little as possible without the aid of a stroller/sling/means of putting A down. Then, as I was ordering, I noticed E was touching the bundt cake that was not fully behind the sneeze guard. Once we finally got our food, A decided that every other piece of food was not worthy of her mouth and dropped it on the floor. The excursion was rounded out with one more trip to the potty and a tantrum about wanting a cookie.

But, we made it home in one piece, had fun playing chase around the kitchen island and having A show off her walking and climbing skills. (I turned around to make her a bottle and found her standing on one of E's chairs.)

And tonight for dinner, we're ordering pizza.

1 comment:

Steel Magnolia said...

yes, yes-take out is so much easier! you make me laugh out loud!