Monday, September 27, 2010

the neglected second child turns four

Sweet Baby A turned four (4!) on Saturday. I had every intention of writing a sentimental post about how much she has grown (as I've done when she turned one, two and three), but we were so busy celebrating that I didn't get a chance. And, though I feel bad about it, I know that she doesn't mind. She is such an easy going kid that she was just happy to get some presents and a Hannah Montana cake (that she picked out all by herself).
Dear Sweet Baby A,

Happy 4th Birthday! Turning 4 was a big deal to you, if only because it means you are one year closer to Kindergarten. Oh, how you want to be a big kid so badly. You want to ride the bus and go to the same school as your big sister, E. You like to say that you are "almost in kindergarten", even though "almost" is 11 months away.

There was a time when you were a loner when you played outside. You are the youngest on our street, and you were too young to keep up with the other kids. Not anymore. When the neighbor kids come to our door, they are asking if both of you can come out and play. And, off you go on your bike, pedaling as fast as your little legs can go!

But, for all that big kid stuff you do, you still are my baby. You fell off you bike yesterday, and while E and the rest of the kids stayed outside, you were happy to come snuggle with me and your beloved Taggie, who at 4 is looking much much much worse for wear.

This year is going to be so exciting! I can't wait to see how much you grow and change. So, happy belated birthday, Sweet Baby A. And, remember, no matter how old you get you will always be my baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, A! We love you!

Kiki, Uncle S., and AJ

Whole-hearted Mama said...

I didn't know A has a taggie. J does too and it stinks even after a bath. It is starting to look really bad after 3 1/2 years. Happy Birthday A!!

Marge said...

A sweet post for a sweet girl.
Happy Birthday
Abbracci e baci
Nonna