But, on Saturday, John and the girls' quick trip to the grocery store somehow turned into (I kid you not) dropping stuff off at Salvation Army, an hour at Chuck E. Cheese, and lunch at BW3s. Note the lack of actual grocery shopping. I went to join them for lunch, and on the way, stopped by the Hallmark in the shopping center, which was rumored to have the Silly Banz.
I walked in, spent 5 minutes trying to figure out which Silly Banz I should get the girls, considered buying them Zhu Zhu pets, paid and left. And arrived at BW3s a hero. Either our Hallmark is the most kick-ass store ever, or our neck of the world is immune to the hype around the rest of the country.
I got them both the Princess Banz. If there's anything I learned from parenting two closely spaced girls is to just get them the same thing to avoid any sort of strife.
They were thrilled. Not thrilled to hear that they couldn't wear them to the pool or to school. But thrilled. And me? I'm still loving my iPhone. And, Hipstamatic.

2 comments:
They're plentiful at our Hallmark too. Go figure.
They've hit here, too. Luckily Rachel hasn't said a thing about them (or glitter balls or twinkle toes or Justice or any other fad - yet). Since they're banned in school we haven't bought her any yet. They're at Walgreens here.
Post a Comment