Friday, March 20, 2009

slow week

It's been a slow week in the Slacker house. I've mainly been working, catching up on my sleep and hanging out with the girls since I got home.

The hanging out with the girls part has been key. I'm not going to lie...E was very, very upset when she found out that I was going to California. Like burst-into-tears-at-the-very-mention-of-it upset. It kind of threw me for a loop, because even though I'm totally awesome, it's not like I never-ever leave her -- she goes to daycare school and I do travel without them (like a week in Ireland, for goodness sakes!). But, she had a great time last weekend with her daddy (and Grandmom and Granddad) and was no worse for wear.

But, since it's just me and the girls tonight, we are going to have another movie night (or moobie night, as A calls it). Actually, it's Movie Night -- Now With More Jammies! since we are changing into our jammies before dinner, eating pancakes for dinner and then watching a movie. I had mentioned the possibility of everyone sleeping in my room, slumber-number style earlier in the week...but I'm really hoping they forgot about that.

And speaking of sleeping arrangements, we had the following conversation this morning over breakfast, before my first pot cup of coffee.
E: Where does Baby AJ sleep?
Me: In a crib
E: Why does she sleep in a crib?
Me: Because she's a baby. Babies sleep in cribs.
E: A still sleeps in a crib. (Turns to A) Are you still a baby because you sleep in a crib?
A: I NOT A BABY! I NO SLEEP IN CRIB!
I'll be perusing the 'Net for some cute big girl bedding today, just to be safe.


5 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Better start shopping for sure...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. And, it better be a crib for a pretty girl not just a cute one!
Love,
Nonna
BTW I only went down 5 in the brackets - even picked Siena - since I'm a nonna I had to.
Sorry 'bout T
Go Huskies!

Steel Magnolia said...

Cute story...still dreading when the twins will be in a big boy bed....my days are numbered and my nights will be long! Kinda sounds like a country song.

Deep in the Heart said...

I'm solo myself this week. Pancakes is the perfect idea for dinner.

And remember, if you take off the front of the crib it is a big girl bed and you can hold out a little longer before buying new furniture.

BTW - you blog roll shows I haven't updated anything in 3 weeks. I beg to differ. Stop by and catch up. I promise I've been writing amazingly amusing things. Really. Well maybe only amusing to me.

Deep in the Heart said...

Your blog shows it was updated 5 days ago according to my blog roll. Weird. That's why I missed this one when you posted. Maybe the blog-cosmos is trying to keep us apart.