Wednesday, February 17, 2010

putting the slacker in slacker mama

Today was E's first day back to school since the week before last. And it was delayed 2 hours (and will be the rest of this week). For those of you keeping score, girlfriend has been out of school 10 of the last 13 school days due to snow, a teacher workday and President's Day. Craziness.

So, on Friday of last week, we received an e-mail from E's teacher talking about Valentine's Day...how they weren't having a class party for it, but if you wanted to send Valentines, here was the class list. I figured since the earliest they would go back to school was the 16th, and there weren't any official Valentine's Day activities, everyone would basically not buy cards to exchange.

Holy hell was I wrong. E came home with a bag full of Valentines. And most of them included candy despite the "No Candy" request in the e-mail. So the class parents? Suck-ups AND not very good listeners.

Luckily, E was perfectly happy with just receiving and didn't seem to notice that she didn't pass out any Valentine's to her friends. Which might speak more to her mooch-iness than her happy-go-luckiness. But either way, it's a win for me.

I mean I don't even buy cards for my family...I considered one of the brightspots of all this snow was bypassing the world's stupidest holiday altogether!

3 comments:

Sweet Pea Chef said...

Don't feel bad. I would have reasoned things out the same exact way.

I felt horrible because I think R was the *only* one in his class to not include candy with his Valentine. Like E, he didn't seem to mind, but it sort of irked me.

Kelly said...

I need to vent this somewhere, and this post seems as good as any... :)
Despite the no candy rule, Coop got a PIXIE STICK at his party yesterday, and my 2 year old got Fun Dip in his valentine goodie bag today. Seriously people. Do we really need to be giving this to 5 and 2 year olds? C'mon?!
Ok, I feel better. Glad E was unfazed by the omission. C didn't even read any of the names on his valentine's. Just grabbed the candy out and moved on. I doubt anyone even noticed...

Slacker Mama said...

Kelly, if I were you I would have immediately confiscated the Fun Dip and made sure it was disposed of properly...in my belly!