There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very very good
But when she was bad
She was horrid still pretty damn cute
We waited...and waited...and waited anxiously for you to arrive. You were four days late. But when you decided to enter this world you decided you wanted to come *right now*...within three hours of labor beginning, before mommy was an actual hospital patient or could receive any sort of drugs. (And, yes, I will remind you of this every single year. You were 9 lbs 6 oz. I'm still waiting on my medal.)
And today you are still a walking juxtaposition. You love to play princess and dress up with your sister...but refuse to wear anything but t-shirts and shorts. You beg to watch your beloved Dora...but rarely make it through an episode without running off and playing with something else. You scream "I DO IT!" several times a day...but are perfectly content to let E feed you like a baby if she does it airplane-style. You are becoming fiercely independent...but still sometimes want to be picked up and carried around like a baby.
You are the second child. There won't be many things that you will be the first to do. But that doesn't make the accomplishments you have made any less special. This year you have gone from tentatively walking to running, dancing and jumping. Last year, you had a few words and signs; now you talk in full sentences. You sing all the time, the ABCs and a few other songs learned at daycare are your favorites. Once content to play with a toy alone, you play with your sister and your friends at school.
It's amazing to see how much you've grown and changed. I cannot to see what you do in the next year.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby A! I love you!
13 comments:
Happy B-day, A!!
You're a beautiful, full-of-life 2 yr old and very entertaining.
We love you very much,
Abbracci e baci,
Nonna and PopPop
HAPPPPY BIRTHDAY.
To both of you.
have a fab day filled with cake laughter and toiletpaperunraveling.
MizFit
Happy birthday, Sweet Baby A! We wish we were there to celebrate with you . . . you will just have to eat our share of the Dora cake. We love you!
Kiki and Uncle Steve
This made me tear up as I am playing one on one this AM with my sweet G and want him to know that even though he is already convinced he is 4 like R, he is loved beyond measure as his own sweet self.
Ugh, ugly run-on sentence.
Better stop while I am still somewhat ahead.
Happy Birthday A! I hope two is a wonderful teething-less year for you!
Happy Birthday, A! Congratulations to you too, Mama.
Happy Birthday, A!
What a very sweet letter to baby A. Happy Birthday. My May will be 2 on the 30th. Have a great day!
Happy Birthday sweet baby A...although I haven't *seen* you since you were 1 month old...I hope to see you again soon! You are too precious!!! Sweet letter K!
Happy Birthday A! Hope you enjoy your Dowa Cake and ice ceam.
Happy Birthday, A! Or should we sing, "Cumpleanos Feliz!" Dora-style!
Happy birthday A!!!!!
Happy Birthday to her! happy Birthday to her!
Those pink ribbons you used to block out her lady parts crack me up!
Post a Comment