Monday, August 11, 2008

three cheers for dramamine!

On Friday, the Slackers hit the road again to head back to Kentucky. John and his brother were hosting a birthday party in honor of his parents' 60th birthdays. I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing because A threw up on every leg of the trip we took back in July. So I called the ped and got the OK to give her Dramamine though she isn't quite two. When E saw me give A her dose, she immediately started begging for one. Since drowsiness is a side-effect E has on occasion gotten car sick, I gave her one, just to be safe.

I'm happy to report that there was no puking in the Slacker car this entire weekend! The drowsiness claim is kind of buptkus...neither kid slept all that much, which meant we got to listen to The Little Mermaid/Dora/Max and Ruby/Lauri Berkner for hours on end from the portable DVD players. Guess who's getting new DVDs for their birthday? Because really, if I hear Dora's City of Lost Toys one more time...I'm going to puke.

And the rest of the weekend? Great fun! The party was a success...with tons of people there to wish Grandmom and Granddad happy birthdays. Earlier in the day, Grandmom, Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Paul wore the girls out with back to back trips to the park and pool...resulting in THREE hour naps for both girls. So, the girls were totally adorable and well-behaved throughout the evening. E even made it without *touching* the two cakes...though she kept bringing random people by to see them like a pint-sized tour guide.

So we are home and totally exhausted. But there's no rest for the weary. E's birthday party is this weekend. So we have to do stuff in preparation for that...you know, little things like send out the freaking invitations!

One of these days I'll get it together...I swear!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Lemme tell ya! Headphones will change your life! We have this "mack daddy" mini-van (I use quotes to emphasize the sarcasm), and it came with a DVD player that has headphones. Savannah listens to all the Dora, Thomas crap she wants and we can still listen to regular radio or whatever.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Oh no. Throwing up, kiddos, and a car trip just do not mix. Ditto the headphones. I have a Tahoe and I love that DD can watch a movie and I can listen to what I want to at the same time.

Deep in the Heart said...

I'm with on the Dora movies. My sister had one for Tess to watch on the way to the beach and my brother-in-law had to ban it. I took it home with us and I could only watch two episodes before the headache started setting in.