Tuesday, April 15, 2008

dora pajama dance party and piggle-palooza

Last night after baths, the girls got into their pajamas. Their Dora pajamas. E had two sets from the fall that were 3T, but were so ridiculously small on her that no part of the shirt and pants came close to touching, much less overlapping. So, this weekend, we headed to Kohl's where we picked up a Dora nightgown with a bonus pair of slippers and scrunchie (I kid you not! 1992 called and wants it's hair holder back!) and a Princess pajama set as well. They are both incredibly ugly and look cheaply made...but E couldn't be happier.

And, since E no longer needed them, we passed down the older PJs onto A. For 3Ts, they are almost too small on her! Nonetheless, she was psyched. She yelled at me this morning when I tried to take them off to get her dressed.

Here are pictures of the girls having a dance party on E's Dora blanket last night.


This morning, we had a few extra minutes so I put the girls hair up in piggles (as E calls them). There is absolutely *no* chance that the piggles will still be in their hair by the time I pick them up from school (or lunch-time at that), but here are the cuties before going to school.


The white box on the picture of both girls is to obscure the name of E and A's school. Sorry internet stalkers!

9 comments:

Deep in the Heart said...

Do I see Dora piggle holders? My favorite 'do!

Anonymous said...

Everything princesses and Dora - Whatever happened to "women's lib"?

Who cares with such happiness and cuteness?

Love,
Nonna

Anonymous said...

They are too cute! They make me want to get up and dance!

FYI - A looks like such a big girl in piggles. It's unbelievable how old she looks!

Kiki

JerseyBaby said...

Cute cute cute cute cute! Especially the second picture where A is REALLY getting into a groove. She looks so old in the picture though!

Anonymous said...

they are absolutely adorable! I love the pigtails!

Sweet Pea Chef said...

I keep meaning to tell you...we have renamed our post-bath ritual NHT in your honor.

I look forward to the day when R and G can dance around in their truck jammies together. I imagine it is strange to see the younger sibling wearing the older one's "big kid" jammies.

marathon mom said...

Very cute!!!!!!!! We have the same issue in the am when Julia wears her Dora PJs- many tears are shed over the fact that she just is not wearing them out of the house (since they look like a belly shirt)

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

LOVE the pigtails! They are too cute- DD loves pj dance parties too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun times. We have managed to avoid all dora clothing(so far), but Princess clothing... it has taken over!
Autumn